ImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.orgImageHost.org

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ME a service project

HAVE YOU SEEN IT? Yep That's it we hit 200!! Whoo Hoo! Tara & I were literally watching our followers so we could see the blog hit 200, who knew you guys would like us so much ;) Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Also We are being featured over at My Four Monkeys today and we are Angie’s featured crafter this week! I can not tell you how excited we are when we are featured, We are still amazed at how you guys like us!

Now onto a fun little project to get kids to give a little more “Me”!
DSC08585
I have the pleasure of helping with my church’s Achievement Days. I am a leader in the 10-11 year old girls. It was my turn to find a activity for the girls to do and so I searched our good friend the internet! I came across this “Me” poem (If you know where it is located please let me know so I can give credit back, I lost the link).
“ME”
The way it works, I take the "E"
Away from the "M" that makes up ME'
And then each day a good deed do
To someone for the day is through.
A smile, a word, a tender touch,
That says to them "I care so much"
Then I connect the "M" and "E"
To show I've given part of "ME".
These Letters M' and E' remind
Me of the the Savior of Mankind.
For he may say in days to be"fear not,
though didst them unto me."
Then a warm joy I know I'll feel
Because I've served with love that's real.
So all the time (it's the key)
I'll give a Little part of ME.
        
I decided that I would let the girls decorate their own frames for their poems along with a fun challenge. I let them draw names of the other girls in the group to give a part of themselves until our next meeting. DSC08584 I must say with the supplies that I bought the girls frames looked SO cute! They were so excited to get to make these and take them home. DSC08592
Hopefully this works to remind them to give a little more of themselves!
~Enjoy, Kori
Come Join us, we are linking to these great Parties

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating this week in the Tuesday Train Blog Hop! I wanted to stop by and say hi! I am a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem! I'll be working with some girls this summer and I think I'll save this project for them to do. Thank you for sharing it.

    I'm visiting from the Mingle With Us Hop and blog at Family Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a seet thing to do!

    I am having 2 giveaways on my blog.
    $38 + free shipping an any backpack from busy little hands etsy store
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/38-store-credit-free-shipping-giveaway.html

    $15 store credit from hair candy for girls.

    All you have to do is leave a comment saying you want to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling idea! Thanks SO much for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. I hope you stop by again soon :)

    ~Lori @ Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great! I bet the girls did really enjoy it. Thanks for linking this up as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...